A Guide to Buying a Used Plate Rolling Machine
Buying previously owned manufacturing equipment is a great way to save money when it comes to equipping your manufacturing business. However, like anything else, buying a used machine is not without risk. This guide will help you choose the right used plate rolling machine, make sure it’s in good working order, and come with everything you need for operation.
If you’ve found a previously owned plate rolling machine you want to buy, it’s important to make sure you have all the information you need before closing the sale.
6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Used Plate Roller
Here are 6 questions that may come in handy before buying used plate rolling machines:
- Do you have photos or videos of used plate rolling machines? This is an important question because textual descriptions do not always paint the full picture.
- Are the various parts of the plate rolling machine in good working condition and condition? This problem can prevent costly repairs later. Pay special attention to the bending rolls as these can be expensive to replace.
- Does the plate rolling machine in question meet the safety standards used by your company and government regulations? Ensuring that the machine meets all safety requirements is an important thing to prevent downtime, accidents, and having to replace the machine after an inspection.
- What is the working capacity of the rolling machine? This will determine if it is the right roll machine for the application you intend to use it for.
- Will the seller help you load the used plate rolling machine for shipping?
- If the plate roller doesn’t work for you, will the seller take it back?
While there are many more details to determine if a steel plate rolling machine is right for your business, these six main questions will give you the most information. Make a note of them or print them out before going to an auction or seeing a used rolling machine for sale.
What factors should I consider before buying a used plate rolling machine?
There are so many different shapes and sizes of plate bending machines, each perfect for a different application.
It’s important to know what you need before buying a used plate rolling machine, so consider these 4 factors before you start your search:
- What application do you need a plate rolling machine for? Make sure that the specific model of plate rolling machine you are considering purchasing is suitable for your desired application (such as 2-roll, 3-roll, and 4-roll plate rolling machines).
- What materials are you using? Different materials require different forces to bend. Ensuring that the plate rolling machine in question is working with the force required for the material being processed will save a lot of wasted time.
- How is the plate rolling machine controlled? 2-roll and 4-roll plate rolling machines with CNC controls can provide extremely high work efficiency.
- What is the floor area of the plate rolling machine? Make sure you have enough space for the used plate rolls.