About the characteristics and requirements of the aluminum profile bending process
The so-called stretch-bending is the process of using rotation and profiling to change the section deformation interface (inward movement) of the aluminum profile under the premise of giving the profile prefabricated tension (within the yield limit) to make it plastically deform.
In general, the material preparation should be the effective arc length of the required bending material plus the sum of the process section. The process section is equal to 2.1 times the deformation width (t). Inside).
Material preparation length = effective arc length + 2.1t. Of course, the specific material preparation length can be tailored according to the actual situation in order to save the process section.
Quantity of preparation
Under normal circumstances, one or two backups should be added based on the actual number of different sections, different radii, and different arc lengths, so as to be used for debugging molds.
This backup does not consider the amount of loss that may occur in the transportation, processing, and installation links after the material is bent.
Effective arc length
Regarding the requirements for the effective arc length of each bending of the material: under normal circumstances, the arc angle should not exceed 180 degrees.
Regarding the requirements of material hardness state: when the bending elongation of the aluminum profile meets the deformation requirement, the T5 state should be selected, otherwise, the To~T4 state should be selected.
Of course, aluminum profile manufacturers are generally unwilling to produce aluminum profiles in T1~T4 state for customers.
Profile surface treatment
Regarding the surface treatment requirements of the aluminum profile: under normal circumstances, you can choose anodizing or bending after coating (the elongation of the coating is much greater than the elongation of the profile); because there is no relative displacement between the profile and the mold when the profile is stretched and bent, so Will not damage the profile.
If the coating falls off during the bending process of the aluminum profile, it is caused by the insufficient adhesion of the coating. The main reasons for the insufficient adhesion are poor treatment before spraying or insufficient heating and insufficient heating time.
Of course, proper surface protection should be done to facilitate transportation and installation.
The above introduction is just a general common sense description, and the specific situation needs to be determined according to the characteristics of the division, nodes, and material selection required by the project.
Application of aluminium profiles
There are numerous functions that aluminium profiles can fulfil.
- For example, they are available as a construction profile, a strut profile, a plug-in profile or a transition profile. These functions result in a multitude of possible applications.
- In the vehicle, ship and aircraft industries, aluminium profiles are popular construction parts due to their low weight.
- In buildings, they can be used for constructions on roofs and facades, for windows, doors and interior fittings.
- Frames and substructures made of aluminium profiles are widely used, for example, in mechanical engineering or trade fair construction.
- Smaller profiles are ideal for model making. At the workplace, in workshops and warehouses, entire workstation and shelving systems can be designed with aluminium profiles according to individual requirements.
- Aluminium profile enclosures are popular because of the chemical and physical properties of the material. The enclosures are temperature-resistant, corrosion-resistant and offer protection against electromagnetic fields.
- Despite the abundance of standard profiles, customised aluminium profiles are also required for special purposes. These include curved aluminium profiles. These are custom-made products that have to be manufactured with high precision in order to meet the requirements exactly.
- With the help of modern bending machines, the profiles can be bent precisely without compromising their quality and load-bearing capacity.