It is very important to understand how hydraulic profile bending machines work before putting them into operation. In this article, we will walk you through the section bending process and teach you all the things you need to pay attention to about this machine.
- Before putting the profile bending machine (section bending machine) into use, a thorough machine inspection is necessary. Below is a checklist for the machine operators to follow.
- Check your hydraulic profile bending machine before each use to reduce the risk of severe electric shock injury, collapse accidents, and avoid damage to the machine.
- Clean grease, or dirt from the handles and controls. This allows for better control of the hydraulic profile bending machine (section bending machine) and prevents the machine or control from slipping out of the holder during use.
- Inspect for hydraulic leaks. Check the fluid level and also check for any broken, cracked, bent, missing, or stapled parts that may compromise the safe operation of the machine.
- Make sure the power cord and plug are in a good state. If any problem is found during the inspection, do not operate the machine until the problems have been resolved.
Feeding the material into a section bending machine is not very complicated but there are a few points you should pay attention to. Here we break down the feeding process into 3 steps. Following the steps ensures a successful operation.
- Make sure the machine and the work area are properly set up and free from bystanders and distractions. The on/off switch should be in the OFF position initially. Mark the metal profile to bend in a suitable location if necessary and open the upper frame.
- Put the metal profile into the roller entrance. Adjust the correct 3D guide roller position to make it support the profile. If necessary, place a support under the profile to keep it in the correct bending position when needed.
- Finally, shut the frame and insert the support pins in the corner via the frame wings. Align the corner brackets so that the zero marks on the angle indicators line up with the mark on the top wing. Open-wing bending machines do not have angle indicators. Make sure the pins are fully inserted into the lower leaf and make sure the machine and metal profile are stable.
Once the hydraulic profile bending machine is running, there are some safety precautions that are important.
Do not touch over your profile bending machine while it is running.
Do not place fingers, hands, or any part of the body in a position that could trap or pinch them. Make sure the 3D guide roller are in the correct position to bend the metal profile.
Make sure the ends of the metal profile extend beyond the corner brackets enough to prevent the pipe from slipping when bent. Keep away from the moving pipe.
- To achieve the best results of a bending process, in addition to the safety baselines, there are some other considerations to take.
- Make sure the metal profile is properly supported to prevent it from moving or falling off.
- After reaching the desired degree of bending, stop the machine. Remove the metal profile from your hydraulic profile bending machine.
Read More: bending machine wiki