Angle roll machines are metalworking machinery used to bend various types of profiles into curved shapes. They are commonly used in construction, automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing, among others. In this article, we will explore the principle, features, capacity, and applications of angle roll machines, as well as the concepts of angle bending, angle rolling, and angle rings.
The term “Angle Roll or Angle Roll Machine” is commonly used in the United States to describe a profile bending machine that is specifically designed to bend metal angle sections into curved shapes. However, this type of machine is also commonly known as a “section bending machine” or a “profile bending machine” in other countries
Principle of Angle Roll Machine
Angle roll machines use a set of rollers to bend metal profiles into curved shapes. The rollers are positioned in such a way that the profile passes through them and is gradually bent into the desired shape. The rollers are typically hydraulically or mechanically powered and can be adjusted to accommodate different profile sizes and thicknesses. Some angle roll machines are capable of bending multiple profiles simultaneously, while others can perform additional operations such as pre-bending, post-bending, and rolling.
The capacity of Angle Roll Machines
The capacity of an angle roll machine is determined by its size, strength, and roller configuration. Some angle roll machines are capable of bending profiles up to several inches thick, while others are designed for thinner materials. The capacity of an angle roll machine can also be influenced by the profile shape, as some shapes are more difficult to bend than others.
4 Features of Angle Roll Machines
Angle roll machines are available in various sizes and capacities, ranging from small portable machines to large industrial units. They can be used to bend a wide range of profiles, including angle sections, flat bars, pipes, and channels, among others. Some of the key features of angle roll machines include:
- Roller adjustment: Angle roll machines have adjustable rollers that can be moved vertically, horizontally, and radially to accommodate different profile sizes and thicknesses.
- CNC controls: Some angle roll machines are equipped with computer numerical control (CNC) systems that allow for precise and repeatable bending operations.
- Safety features: Angle roll machines are equipped with safety features such as emergency stop buttons, safety guards, and interlocks to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Tooling options: Angle roll machines can be fitted with different types of tooling, such as universal rolls, pyramid rolls, and lateral rolls, to perform various bending operations.
4 Applications of Angle Roll Machines
Angle roll machines are used in various applications across a wide range of industries. Some of the common applications include:
- Structural fabrication: Angle roll machines are used to bend angle sections and other profiles into curved shapes for use in structural steel fabrication, such as for trusses, frames, and supports.
- Pipe and tube bending: Angle roll machines are used to bend pipes and tubes into circular, oval, or custom shapes for use in applications such as exhaust systems, handrails, and furniture.
- Aerospace: Angle roll machines are used to bend aluminum and other metals into complex shapes for use in aircraft components such as frames, supports, and panels.
- Automotive: Angle roll machines are used to bend steel and other metals into curved shapes for use in automotive components such as frames, bumpers, and exhaust systems.
An angle ring is a circular ring made by bending an angle section into a curved shape using an angle roll machine. Angle rings are commonly used in various applications such as ductwork, exhaust systems, and structural support. They can be made in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses, depending on the application.
Angle Bending or Angle Rolling:
Angle bending or angle rolling refers to the process of using an angle roll machine to bend an angle section into a curved shape. This process can be used to create a variety of curved profiles, such as angle rings, spiral staircases, and arches. Angle bending is a versatile and precise process that allows for complex and precise bending operations.
Angle roller machines are versatile and essential pieces of equipment for metalworking industries. They offer a wide range of features and capacities to meet the demands of various applications, from small portable machines to large industrial units. Angle roll machines can be used to bend a variety of profiles, including angle sections, flat bars, pipes, and channels, into curved shapes. They are also available with CNC controls for precise and repeatable bending operations and various tooling options to perform different bending operations.