At present, two or three CO2 fluid extraction vessels are generally used in the industrialized supercritical CO2 fluid extraction process, which can achieve continuous and large-scale production through the conversion of pipelines and valves.
3 Important Design Requirements for CO2 Extractors
- The design of the supercritical CO2 extraction machine must be in accordance with the requirements of the CO2 extraction process, and the CO2 extractor vessel must meet the dual requirements of solid and liquid raw material extraction.
- CO2 extraction equipment must operate in extreme scenarios with heavy loads and continuous production throughout the year.
- High-strength and large-scale production require that the design and material selection of CO2 extraction vessels should consider the safety, continuity, stability, corrosion resistance, and ease of operation of the equipment.
Extraction container lid sealing material
The structure and selection of the extraction container seal of the supercritical CO2 extraction machine play a crucial role in the safety of the high-pressure extraction container and the quality of the extract. The serious leakage of CO2 caused production accidents.
4 advantages of BIT’s CO2 extraction vessel lid sealing material
The use of the new type of sealing ring BIT provides to customers in production proves that BIT‘s new type of sealing structure can withstand high temperatures and corrosion, and the service life is greatly increased. Compared with the traditional "O" ring sealing structure, the performance is greatly improved.
- It has excellent chemical stability and does not interact with strong acids and alkalis at high temperatures;
- It has a better heat resistance and cold resistance, and a wide range of operating temperatures;
- High wear resistance, reduced wear, increased hardness, high load-resistant deformation capacity, and reduced thermal expansion coefficient;
- It can be used repeatedly and has a long life.
The quick-opening structure of the extraction container lid
According to the structural characteristics of the extraction container of the large-scale supercritical CO2 extraction machine, the quick-opening and closing structure of the four-point ring slider can be selected. The four cylinders are installed on the top of the container cover. Opening and closing. The slider-type structure is small in size, light in weight, and easy to operate.
The container cover can be lifted and lowered by a special cylinder, and the lifting is stable, and the cylinder is fixed on the mobile trolley to realize the rapid and continuous production of the container cover device.
4 Design Requirements for Pneumatic Control Systems
- Simple structure, convenient maintenance, low cost, and long service life of pneumatic components;
- It has strong adaptability to the environment and can work reliably in a wide temperature range, humid and dusty environments;
- A little leakage will not pollute the environment;
- No fire and explosion hazard, safe to use;
- With overload protection performance, the actuator will automatically stop when overloaded, there is no danger of damage, and when the power is insufficient, it will remain stationary under the load.
Safety interlock manual device
In order to ensure the safe and reliable opening of the lid and match the quick-opening structure of the extraction container, a safety interlock manual device should be designed and installed on the top of the container lid. After the pressure is discharged, the safety interlock device must be opened first to ensure that the lid is opened. The top pressure of the front container is 0.
The voltage can be boosted only after the safety interlock device is turned off, otherwise, it cannot be boosted.
Biomass Storage Container Structure
The biomass storage container is a specific container used to carry materials and placed in the extraction container of the supercritical CO2 extraction equipment.
According to the characteristics of the supercritical CO2 extraction process, the designed large-scale biomass storage container can be divided into multiple sections, and according to different materials (liquid and solid) and different process conditions, multi-functional filters are installed on the upper, middle, and lower parts of the biomass storage container. In this way, the CO2 and co-solvent in the extraction vessel are re-distributed evenly for many times, avoiding the channeling phenomenon, and greatly improving the efficiency of the CO2 extraction process.
The biomass storage container of such a CO2 extraction device has a small pressure drop and high extraction efficiency during the CO2 extraction process.