Industrial Supercritical CO2 Oil Extractor/Fragrance Extraction Machine For Sale
CBD Oil CO2 Extraction Machine
CO2 Essential Oil Extraction Equipment
Max ROI. 30+ Years SFE Teams. High-quality CO2 Essential Oil Extractor/CO2 Botanical Oil Extraction Kit for High-Terpene Full-Spectrum Fast CO2 Extraction Essential Oils/CBD Oils. Visit Today.
Since 1989, Nantong Borisbang Industrial Technology Co., Ltd. (BIT) Has Been Designing and Producing Supercritical CO2 Fluid Extraction Systems.
What is CO2 Essential Oil Extraction Equipment/Industrial CO2 Extraction Machine
As you can imagine, almost all CO2 extractors can be used to extract plant essential oils, but not all Industrial CO2 Oil Extraction Machines are made the same. Because each customer’s CO2 extraction process requirements are different, there are almost no identical machines. The materials and technology used to make a Supercritical CO2 extraction machine can contribute to the quality of the machine itself, and how effective that particular machine is for your intended purpose.
Normally, CO2 extraction machines with a CO2 extraction vessel capacity greater than 10L can be used for industrial CO2 oil extraction purposes(such as CBD Oil CO2 Extraction Machines).
Read More: CO2 Extraction Machine: 3 Types, 4 Tips For CO2 Extraction, 5 Notes To Choose The Right CO2 Extractors
CO2 essential oil extraction equipment is CO2 extraction equipment for solid biomass. A term was extracted in a previous article: Dia-to-Height Ratio. Then the first difference between CO2 essential oil extraction equipment and other liquid substance extraction equipment is the Dia-to-Height Ratio of the CO2 extraction vessel is about 1:4~1:5.
Read More: CO2 Extraction Vessel Design: Working Modes, 4 Requirements
List Table of Standard CO2 Essential Oil Extraction Equipment
Features of Industrial CO2 Essential Oil Extraction Equipment
Industrial CO2 oil extraction equipment usually has multiple CO2 extraction vessels (2, 3, 4, and 6 extraction vessels in combination, our suggestion is that the extraction vessel group consists of 2 or 3 extraction vessels) working in series or in parallel, the sealing device adopts a clamp-type hydraulic automatic quick-opening structure; the minimum number of separation vessels can be 2 or 3, which can be customized according to to needs; and in special cases, a CO2 fractionation system (rectification column) will be equipped at the same time for special process extraction, such as countercurrent extraction of capsanthin; Or to separate unwanted substances like waxes, chlorophyll.
Read More: CO2 Extraction Vessels: 4 Basics, 6 Special Requirements, 7 Important Parts
The extraction solvent is carbon dioxide(CO2 gas), and the working medium (CO2 gas) can be recycled. The pressure and temperature of the extraction vessels and the separation vessels are automatically controlled and can realize computer remote monitoring, record storage, and report printing of process parameters; the extraction vessels work alternately or independently, and the extraction vessel top seals are a clamp-type pneumatic quick-opening structure.
The inner walls, pipes, and fittings of the essential CO2 oil extractor in contact with the material and the circulating water jacket are made of 304 (standard) or 316 (customized) stainless steel material with acid and alkali resistance that is suitable for food hygiene and GMP requirements. The medium CO2 in the extraction process of the supercritical CO2 extraction machine can be recycled and utilized to maximize the use of CO2.
Read More: Supercritical carbon dioxide
Top 6 features of BIT’s CO2 Essential Oil Extraction Equipment for CBD Oil Extraction
BIT’s CBD oil CO2 extraction machine is a piece of equipment that uses supercritical CO2 to extract CBD from hemp or cannabis plants. It operates by using high pressure and temperature to convert CO2 into a supercritical state, where it can penetrate into the plants’ tissues. The CO2 is used as a solvent to extract the desired compounds, including CBD, terpenes, and other cannabinoids, which are then separated and collected.
Here are the key features of a BIT’s CBD oil CO2 extraction machine:
- Extraction Capacity: BIT’s CBD oil CO2 extraction machines are available in different capacities, ranging from small tabletop devices to large-scale industrial extractors. The capacity of the machine depends on the size of the extraction chamber and how much plant material can be processed at once.
- Temperature and Pressure Automatic Control: The machines have built-in temperature and pressure control systems, allowing operators to set and maintain consistent conditions necessary at the PLCtouch screen for efficient extraction.
- Extraction Time: BIT’s CBD oil CO2 extraction machines can extract CBD oil in as little as 90 minutes, making the process quick and efficient.
- Quality of Extract: This method produces high-quality, pure, and natural extracts from hemp and cannabis plants, free of any harmful chemicals and solvents. The extracts retain all the beneficial compounds, including terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids.
- Customization: BIT’s CBD oil CO2 extraction machines can be customized to extract specific compounds or multiple compounds from the plant material. The extraction process can also be fine-tuned by adjusting the temperature, pressure, and time settings.
- Cold Trap for more Terpenes: In BIT’S CO2 extraction machines, a cold trap can be installed inside the CO2 separator, an essential piece of equipment that separates the CBD oil from the CO2. The cold trap helps to extract more terpenes during the process while also improving the quality of the final product.
- The Industrial scale supercritical CO2 extraction machine (SCFE) has good versatility, and the design is suitable for the industrial production of a variety of materials. The need is to expand at any time and double the processing capacity and capacity;
- The layout of the Industrial scale SCFE is scientific and reasonable, the extraction rate is high, the production time is short, the energy consumption is low, and the product quality is stable and reliable;
- The operating parameters are designed and selected to achieve the best cost performance of the device;
- It adopts multiple separation technologies to integrate and optimize, and according to different processing quantities, it is designed according to different process routes, and the maximum amount of equipment investment is reduced by customers.
- Fully automatic control of the entire process operation, automatic acquisition of data record storage and remote monitoring, and remote technical support.
5 advantages of the CO2 extraction process of essential oils
There are innumerable advantages of CO2-extracted essential oils whereby they have gained huge popularity.
Some of them are listed below:
- Advantages 1#: 100% Pure & Natural – For the purpose of obtaining the purest form of CO2 grade essential oils, the extraction process is carried out at a lower temperature by using carbon dioxide which is not only nontoxic but odorless too.
- Advantages 2#: Free from Leftover Residues – There is no serious concern about leftover residues in CO2-grade essential oils since only supercritical carbon dioxide is utilized for their extraction process under ambient temperature.
- Advantages 3#: Therapeutic Properties – The extraction process of CO2 possesses the great ability to obtain the maximum level of therapeutic components from botanical materials like plants and herbs.
- Advantages 4#: Pleasurable Natural Aroma – CO2-grade essential oils are widely cherished for their natural fragrance which resembles the original plant material as they are extracted without solvent & heat.
- Advantages 5#: Free From Adulteration – The CO2 extraction method is the perfect choice for the preparation of 100% natural essential oils as they have not been extracted from any petroleum derivatives-based products like hexane or butane.
Basics of Supercritical CO2 Extraction
Supercritical CO2 extraction is that CO2 gas is pressurized and heated to a supercritical state. This state has the characteristics of low surface tension, low viscosity, high diffusivity, and high mass transfer efficiency. At the same time, because CO2 is non-toxic, colorless, odorless, and non-flammable It is an excellent solvent in the current supercritical extraction technology. Therefore, supercritical fluid extraction uses this CO2 instead of water or organic solvent as the extraction medium. Extraction, separation, solvent removal, and other processes can be carried out under room (low) temperature conditions, which can greatly simplify the operation process and improve production efficiency.
Green environmental protection technology
The beauty of CO2 extraction is that once the oil is extracted from the plant material, the CO2 is simply returned to its gaseous state by lowering its pressure, allowing the gas to quickly and completely dissipate, it eliminates the risk of trace amounts of chemical solvents remaining in the finished extract. Read More:CO2 Extracts vs Absolutes Essential Oils, Which is Better?
Supercritical CO2 extraction is different from high-temperature distillation, solvent, and press extraction of traditional extraction methods. The biological activity of high-temperature distillation is easily destroyed. The organic solvent added by the solvent method can replace the purity of the output product. The aroma is easy to lose. Using the characteristics of supercritical CO2 extraction to replace the traditional solvent extraction method (using a large number of solvents is harmful to human health and the extraction time is long), the required high-purity natural components can be easily extracted from the raw materials, the extract has no solvent residue and the product is not heated. It can achieve the purpose of component separation and purification and can provide absolutely healthy and harmless products. It can be said to be an extraction method of “green environmental protection technology”.
CBD Oil CO2 Extraction
Within the cannabis and hemp industries, the utility of CO2 for extracting cannabinoids and terpenes from dried plant material is widely known and accepted. As an extraction solvent, CO2 is cheap, clean, nontoxic, and nonflammable.
There are many pros to using CO2 as a solvent in the cannabis extraction process.
Compared to conventional solvents, CO2 is relatively inexpensive, non-toxic, non-flammable, and inert (chemically inactive). It also has the distinct advantage of being able to diffuse through cannabis plant material like gas and to dissolve plant material like a liquid. In addition, CO2 leaves less residue upon being used in the extraction process compared to solvents such as butane. Finally, CO2 is easy to obtain and is readily available in virtually pure form.
Applications of CO2 Extracts