Five major tasks in the structural design of supercritical CO2 extraction equipment
- On the basis that the type and main dimensions of the CO2 extraction equipment have been determined, follow the relevant norms and standards, refer to the common structures of various equipment, and refer to relevant materials to select the materials of various components;
- perform strength calculations;
- Detailed design of the structural dimensions of each component of the equipment and the orientation of the internal parts and nozzles of the equipment;
- Draw equipment general assembly drawings and parts drawings;
- Put forward the technical requirements for equipment manufacturing and inspection.
Read More: CO2 Extraction Machine: 3 Types, 4 Tips, 5 Notes, Top 6 Apps
The four major requirements for the design of CO2 extraction machines
- It must have sufficient strength to ensure safety and prevent equipment from being damaged by external forces;
- Have sufficient rigidity to prevent the equipment from being greatly deformed during transportation, installation and use;
- Good sealing to prevent material leakage;
- It has good corrosion resistance. For corrosive materials, it should be correctly selected or appropriate measures should be taken to ensure the durability of the equipment.
Read More: CO2 Extraction Process: Basics, 5 Advantages, 7 Features, 4 Applications
China’s three national standards related to CO2 extraction machines
- All kinds of containers and equipment with a design pressure greater than or equal to 0.1Mpa or a vacuum degree greater than or equal to 0.02Mpa and an inner diameter greater than or equal to 150mm are pressure vessels, and their design, manufacture, inspection and acceptance must follow the Chinese national standard GB150 “Steel Pressure Vessels” Containers” and accept the supervision of the safety supervision agency.
- The design unit shall hold the pressure vessel design qualification, and the manufacturer shall hold the pressure vessel manufacturing license.
- In addition to the above regulations, the design, manufacture, inspection and acceptance of the heat exchanger must also follow the regulations in the Chinese National Standard CB151 “Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers”.
Read more: Supercritical carbon dioxide