Steel plate rolling machine maintenance is an essential aspect of maintaining machine efficiency but is often overlooked.
Remember that, if done regularly, the plate rolling machine maintenance can allow you to identify possible damage and failures that can compromise the efficiency of your machine over time.
You know that early detection of serious problems in your plate rolling machine operation can avoid costly maintenance.
Cleaning and regular maintenance of the machine are simple, but at the same time require special attention and attention.
In this guide, you’ll find out which interventions we recommend on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. In addition, you will find a list of interventions to perform at least once a year, which allows you to maintain the perfect efficiency of your rolling machine at all times.
Always keep in mind that these are ordinary interventions; for more serious problems, always rely on a qualified technician.
4 inspection contents of the plate rolling machine
Before cleaning, you must prepare the machine for the safety of you and your colleagues.
Here is the process we recommend following:
- Inspect the machine at the start of the work shift and check that the bench and work area are free of residue from the previous shift
- Delineate areas with obstacles and signs
- Check whether there is any abnormality in each part, the tightening screw (cap) must not be loose, and the brake should be normal and reliable.
- Make sure the power is turned off
5 precautions that should be followed in the maintenance of the plate rolling machine
When combined with the correct use of a CNC plate bending machine, regular maintenance can have a significant impact on machine performance and efficiency.
When performing maintenance or repair work, you must always strictly follow the instructions in the plate rolling machine maintenance manual.
In general, here is a general list of precautions you should follow:
- Do not use solvents and flammable materials
- Be careful not to disperse coolant in the environment
- Do not get on the highest part of the machine, use the method appropriate for the action you want to perform
- Do not go inside the machines as they are not designed to support people
- Properly restore and repair all removed, opened, and deactivated guards and guards at the end of the job
Maintenance of the plate rolling machine
Arrange the maintenance of the rolling machine
Regular maintenance 1#: Before work
- Whether the external structural parts of the plate rolling machine are damaged, deformed, etc.
- Check whether the console, operation switch, limit position, and indicator light are normal.
- Check the plumbing system for leaks.
- Check the oil pump, solenoid valve, and oil cylinder for oil leakage.
- Check whether the upper and lower rollers are running abnormally and whether the sliding bearings are worn.
- Check that the pressure gauge is normal.
- Check whether there is abnormal noise when the motor is running.
- Check and lubricate parts.
Regular maintenance 2# Routine maintenance
At the end of the shift or the end of the workday, make the following checks:
- Verify the operation of the safety device.
- Remember to check that the brake should be normal and reliable.
- Use a dry cloth to remove all processing residues. Never use compressed air and always protect your hands with neoprene or PVC gloves.
Regular maintenance 3#: Weekly maintenance
- Make sure the emergency stop is working properly.
- Check the operation of the rear protector.
- Check side guards.
- Check the filter clogged indicator. If the hand of the vacuum switch is yellow, the filter element must be replaced immediately.
Regular maintenance 4# Monthly maintenance
- Clean pipes and hydraulic components. Hydraulic systems in general (cylinders, valves, motor/pump units, piping systems, etc.) must be externally cleaned at least once a month.
This cleaning is designed to identify any leak areas and is used to eliminate the risk of contaminants entering the system when replacing components. It also avoids a reduction in heat exchange between the system and the environment.
- Visually inspect fittings for tightness and any tightening. Remember, checking the tightening of hydraulic circuit fittings should be done after the first 160 hours of operation of the Sheet Metal Rolling Machine.
Monthly maintenance of rigid piping, especially near fittings, pumps, and cylinders, is important to detect any leaks. Also, consider the flexible connecting tubing between the pump and the system: if it swells, it must be replaced immediately.
- Oil level: Remember that even after any maintenance work on the pipeline, it must be checked.
- Clean the tank air filter with compressed air
Regular maintenance 5#: Annual maintenance
- Air filter unit with condensate separator. The oil separator microfilter must be changed once a year, in any case when the pressure drop reaches 1 bar.
- Replace hydraulic circuit oil. Clean the fuel tank and replace the oil filter element.
In this guide, we look at the procedures you should follow to keep your rolling machine healthy to maintain its efficiency. In fact, a clean rolling plate machine is also a controlled machine, as any damage or small oil spills can occur at any time.
Now that you know what interventions to take on a daily, weekly, and yearly basis, you can create a complete schedule of plate rolling machine maintenance.